Plastic Surgery Tauranga
While I do not currently operate in Tauranga, I often see patients outside the Auckland area.
I am a New Zealand fully trained, approved and accredited plastic, reconstructive and hand surgeon. I offer a broad range of plastic surgery procedures. I have a passion for breast surgery including breast reduction, breast augmentation, fat transfer to breast, breast lift and breast reconstruction. In addition, I as a female plastic surgeon I offer labiaplasty, tummy tuck and liposuction. Skin cancer and hand surgery are commonly performed by me as well. I also have a passion for the surgery of the face, in particular blepharoplasty.
Why should you be seen:
- I am a female plastic surgeon
- I offer breast, trunk and facial aesthetic surgery and female patients often prefer being seen by a female surgeon
- I hold PhD in skin cancer, and I am one of only 4 plastic surgeons ever awarded PhD in New Zealand
- I have trained extensively both in the UK and internationally
- I undertook a number of prestigious plastic surgery fellowships over three years
What can you expect from the consultation:
Depending on your location and ability to travel, I normally see my patients for two pre-operative consultations. It is possible to work with me over the phone and via email.
If you are able to travel to Auckland before your surgery for a consultation in my office, I will meet with you to listen to and evaluate your concerns, review your options, and make recommendations for achieving your goals. I discuss the surgical goals, what to expect from the surgery, what the motivation is. I complete medical and social history.
If the patient decides to move forward towards surgery, a second consultation is scheduled to go over things once more and discuss the possible complications in more detail.
Once you’ve scheduled your surgery, you will need to make travel arrangements and prepare for your time off work.
How to prepare for your procedure:
Preparation for the surgery depends on the type of procedure planned. In the days or weeks leading up to the surgery, it is important to follow certain pre-surgery guidelines. You will be provided with specific instructions during the consultation, but the standard precautions include:
- If you are a smoker, it is also imperative to avoid nicotine for at least a few weeks before and after your procedure. In fact, I usually don’t operate on patients who smoke at all
- Cease taking vitamin supplements naturopathic substances such as garlic, ginko, ginseng and St John’s Wort as they may affect clotting and anaesthesia
- You need to discuss any supplements or medications you are currently taking, including dosages during the consultation
On the morning of surgery, you will be admitted to the ward. A day before you will be advised what time to arrive. You will meet the anaesthetist who will discuss the anaesthetic with you in detail and you will also see the surgeon.
Your recovery time is dependent on which procedure you wish to have done. There are various accommodation options available in Auckland. Depending on type of procedure, patients stay in Auckland for 1-5 nights.
The Consulting Suites
One Health Building
Level 2, 122 Remuera Road
Auckland, 1050, New Zealand
Phone: 09 522 0652
Fax: 09 522 0435